Monday, October 31, 2011

Excuse the interruption.

My absence over the last few months is an inexcusable failure to apply myself, and for that I apologize.  However you might sentence the crime less harshly if I were to say that during these months I have moved out of my parents' house and that I am now living (and fending for) myself.  No? Ok.

Many people ask me the same question; occasionally finding the creativity to try a different sentence structure from the interviewer prior yet never wandering from the same gist.  And that gist is as follows: "Why did you move out?"

My reply- equally lacking in sentence structure variety - marches along the same lines as the following paragaph.

At some point in life one needs to learn how to fend for oneself, not only in the sense of physical needs such as how to cook and clean etc. but also how to organize one's time and energy in such a way as to live as efficiently as possible.  Furthermore, how can one feel any measure of self-worth when all the basic needs such as cleaning and eating and washing clothes and so on are handled by another person?  Being nurtured past the point when one can take care of oneself is an act of egotism and is certainly detrimental to the development of one's character.  Some people might press on and say that I could fend for myself whilst still living with my parents, but that would just complicate matters as the family has only one cooker, fridge, washing machine and so forth - plus (speaking from experience) it's not the same experience at all.

That's the answer when I'm feeling up to it.  Sometimes I just shrug.

I will try to be consistent in my blogging pattern from now on, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment